- This event has passed.
Recon and Sniper Foundation Veteran Mentoring Seminar FAQ
April 12 - April 14
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for signup form
Who: Open to all veterans, active duty service members and families
What: Competition Precision Rifle/Pistol Clinic/Match & Mentoring Seminar with guest speakers
Where: MCB 29 Palms, CA
When: April 12-14 2019
From 11-14 April 2019, The Recon and Sniper Foundation (RSF) conducts a three-day Mentoring Seminar aboard
29 Palms for 50 (minimum) shooters in order to raise funds for RSF veteran support operations, establish a yearly
veteran development program and film a full documentary of RSF’s mission.
Purpose: Inform the veteran community, as well as the active duty component of RSF’s mission, capabilities and
Method: Host the first shooting clinic with TRSF shooters and leading industry guest instructors. Conduct a
mentoring and networking presentations with successful veterans from various industries from law enforcement,
entrepreneurs, corporations and PTSD medical professionals. Film and document the entire event in order to present
the public with a documentary of RSF operations and the journey transitioning from the military to civilian life.
End state: Funds raised for continued RSF/TRSF operations, SOPs developed and refined for conducting a yearly
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) Do I need to be a veteran or active duty service member to participate? YES.
2) This is my first match, is that okay? YES! WE WILL FACILITATE A ONE DAY SHOOTING
CLINIC FOR PRECISION RIFLE AND PISTOL.
3) Where should I fly into? WE RECOMMEND PALMS SPRING, CA. IT’S ABOUT 80 MINUTES SW
OF THE BASE.
4) What are the match fees? THIS IS A FREE EVENT.
5) Is lodging provided? NO, HOWEVER; AS WE FILL UP THE ROSTER, WE ARE
RECOMMENDING GROUPS OF 10 GET AN AIR BNB IN VICINITY OF JOSHUA TREE
(ABOUT 20-30MIN FROM BASE).
6) What’s up with food? FOOD WILL BE SOLD ON THE RANGE DURING THE EVENT.
7) Can I bring my personal weapons on base? YES, WE WILL SUBMIT A ROSTER OF ALL
GUNS/CALIBERS COMING ONTO BASE AND SUBMIT A RANGE DEVIATION WITH
8) Can my family come watch the match? YES, WE WILL SUBMIT A BASE ACCESS ROSTER. JUST
NEED VALID STATE ID.
9) What weapons are available to borrow? BERRETTA 92FS/M40A6 SNIPER RIFLES.
10) What ammo is available? 9mm, 7.62 AA11, 5.56.
11) What gear is available? CARTRIDGE BELT, HOLSTER, MAG POUCHES.